CALL US TODAY:
Welcome to Timberdoodle Co
View My Cart
Typing Instructor for Kids
List Price: $19.95
Sold out and no longer available from Timberdoodle Co.
This item has been replaced with:
Typing For Kids Platinum
Typing Instructor for Kids: Version 4.0
Do you remember the fable from India in which the blind men took turns investigating an elephant's shape? One felt the tusk and thought an elephant was like a spear, while another felt the trunk and thought an elephant was like a snake. I was very much reminded of this fable when I asked two employees to review the number one best-selling typing software for children, Typing Instructor for Kids.
Terrific or Troublesome?
One saw the program as troublesome because of the occasional references to luck or wishing, the sporadic glimpses of skeletons or peering eyes, and the fact that children are asked to consult a talking stone if they need additional typing instruction. But the other reviewer saw it as an exciting, motivating method of teaching young children how to touch-type.
Multi-level games, graduated drills, and hundreds of activities
This latest version of the interactive fiction typing game, Typing Instructor for Kids 4.0, offers thirteen action-packed, multi-level games; graduated drills and lesson plans; hundreds of activities, exercises, and tests; and bilingual learning in English and Spanish.
Ten customizable plansľwith or without games
Using proven typing techniques, children will master the keyboard while journeying with Toby and Lafitte to five imaginative lands where they learn proper typing techniques and build keyboarding skills. Just choose a Typing Plan, set a word-per-minute goal, and as your child explores Typer Island he will learn typing along the way. The engaging lessons and exercises teach children important typing skills, including speed and accuracy. If your children find your old typing program boring, and if you are looking for the right balance of education, entertainment, and motivation in a typing program, then consider the award-winning Typing Instructor for Kids 4.0.
Another outstanding component in the
Timberdoodle Core Curriculum Series!
From the Publisher of Typing Instructor:
This award-winning typing program is educational, entertaining, and motivating. It will teach your kids all keyboarding basics, proper hand positions, and speed, and accuracy. Kids can learn in English and Spanish. Sit back, relax, and watch your kids get to the head of the class with this award-winning program, preferred by teachers and parents.
Island Adventure Theme Motivates Kids to Improve Typing Skills
- Kids visit distinct lands for lessons, challenges, tests, and games. They search for treasures, earn points, and make their way to the Castle and become the Ruler of Typer Island. This program offers rewards every step of the way through a captivating adventure to the Castle, and beyond to the Lost City.
Explore Distinct Lands
- Visit The Old West, On the Water, In the Air, Over the Edge, and Under the Sea. Take a break from lessons and go to Explorer Isle to play games, or to Story Lagoon to practice typing stories from Classic Literature and Fairy Tales.
The Lost City
- Only accessible by first "Capturing the Castle!" Once you get to the Castle, you can go to The Lost City by clicking on the anchor in the Castle. Explore the ruins and play two new fun and challenging games, Ziggy's Pyramid and Treasure Quest!
Creative Lessons and Exercises Help Kids Learn to Type
Learn to Type
- Step-by-Step Typing Instruction is provided, including proper posture, finger position, and ergonomic features. Visual Guides show finger/key placement.
- There are 10 customized lesson plans to teach kids of all ages to type, including:
Learning the home row
Home Row and Upper Row
Home Row and Lower Row
Skill Building Plan
Suggested Typing Plan (no games)
Suggested Typing Plan
Learn in English and Spanish
- There are 160 lessons, in English and Spanish. All lessons include:
Structured Touch-Typing Content
Proven Methods for Skill-Building
Unique Drills & Interactive Exercises
Graphic Guide Hands
Standard & Split Keyboards
Typing Challenges and Tests Increase Speed and Accuracy
- There are over 30 typing challenges. These include:
Advanced Level Challenges
Multi-Level Game Challenges
- There are hundreds of tests in Typing Instructor for Kids. Tests measure speed and accuracy, and results are provided for adjusted words per minute, based on both typing accuracy and speed.
Instant Results Give Kids Incentive to Improve Keyboarding Skills
Typing Progress Results
- Instant Feedback is provided on typing results. Kids can see how they did on a lesson, challenge, test, or game right away. Results are given for:
WPM scores & Accuracy Percentages
Results Calculated from All Activities
Performance Assessment for Key, Finger, Hand & Row
Results Tracked for five Typists
Certificates of Achievement
- Kids can print a certificate of achievement to show they have successfully conquered Typer Island and Rule the Island!
Charts and Feedback
- Detailed results show kids the keys they know well and the keys that need more practice.
Multi-Level Games Make Learning to Type Fun
Two Games in the Lost City
- Ziggy's Pyramid and Treasure Quest. Ziggy's Pyramid is an Arcade Style Game with Multi-Level Play. Transform the pyramid before the creatures ruin your plans. Orby and Wormy are enemy creatures. Slippy will show up atjust the wrong time and undo everything you've worked hard to achieve. Run into Boony and he will give you bonus points!
is the first interactive typing game ever! Type in the directions and search the Ruins, Science Lab, Art Gallery, and Shipwreck for four Crown Jewels. You'll go underwater, swim with the whales, explore the Art Gallery, and comb the hallways for four sparkling jewels to add to your treasure box.
13 Challenging Games
- Typing Instructor for Kids has a variety of games to teach kids different and important typing skills:
Multi-Level Games Increase Speed & Accuracy
Flight Games Teach Typing Rhythm
Underwater Game Helps Kids Master Challenging Keys
Arcade-style game builds speed and dexterity
˛ Proven Typing Instruction Techniques
˛ Hundreds of Plans, Lessons & Tests
˛ Standard or Split Keyboard & Keypad
˛ New! 20+ Step-by-Step Typing Plans
˛ Three Travel Themes
˛ 36 Travel Destinations
˛ 10 Action-Packed Games
˛ Multi-Level Games
˛ Wild West, Erik the Viking & Sea Adventure
˛ Collect Rewards & Travel Accomplishments
˛ 300+ Interesting Magazine Articles
˛ Add Your Own Plans, Lessons, Tests, Articles & Music
Pentiumź class PC or higher ˛ Microsoftź Windowsź Vista, XP or 2000 ˛ 480 MB Hard Disk Space Available ˛ 128 MB RAM ˛ CD-ROM Drive ˛ 800 x 600, 16-Bit Color Display ˛ Sound Card ˛ Speakers or Headphones ˛ Mouse ˛ DirectXź8 Compatible Video
StopMotion Explosion Animation Set
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
HAVE A QUESTION? CHAT LIVE!
Friendly curriculum advisor 8-5 PST Mon-Fri
Shipping & Deliveries
Returns & Exhanges
Timberdoodle Co. All Rights Reserved.