CALL US TODAY:
Welcome to Timberdoodle Co
Redeem Doodle Dollars
View My Cart
The Westminster Shorter Catechism Songs Volumes 1-4
This closeout item is non-returnable
List Price: $40.00
You save $14.05!
Sold out and no longer available from Timberdoodle Co.
Something Worth Singing About
Think about how many worthless ditties we have lodged in our brains; everything from how our baloney has a first name to what goes into a popular fast food meal. The truth is that you remember better any text that is put to music. Now you can make sure that more of what you and your children remember is truth.
Grandset Doctrinal Statements
Written in the 1640s,
The Westminster Shorter Catechism
is considered by many Christians to contain the grandest doctrinal statements to come out of the Reformation. Its purpose was to teach matters of doctrine using a simple question and answer format to facilitate memorization by young children.
All the Questions and Answers are Verbatim
Now, learning essential doctrine is even easier thanks to
The Westminster Shorter Catechism Songs
, a four-CD set that contains all 107 questions and answers. Performed with acoustic guitar and voice, all the questions and answers are verbatim from the Westminster Shorter Catechism. Not flowery, but using simple tunes that any family member can sing,
The Westminster Shorter Catechism Songs
will make learning these important truths easier. Play them while you do errands, chores around the house, or as your children drift off to sleep. Each question and answer is sung and played through twice on the CD. There is no easier way to learn gospel truths. This four-CD set contains all 107 questions and answers. Audio clips can be heard on our website.
The Westminster Shorter Catechism Songs Songbook
is also available for the family musician.
Listen to some sample songs
107 total songs!
1. What is the chief end of man?
2. What rule hath God given to direct us how we may glorify and enjoy him?
3. What do the Scriptures principally teach?
4. What is God?
5. Are there more Gods than one?
6. How many persons are there in the Godhead?
7. What are the decrees of God?
8. How doth God execute his decrees?
9. What is the work of creation?
10. How did God create man?
11. What are GodĘs works of providence?
12. What special act of providence did God exercise towards man in the estate wherein he was created?
13. Did our first parents continue in the estate wherein they were created?
14. What is sin?
15. What was the sin whereby our first parents fell from the estate wherein they were created?
16. Did all mankind fall in AdamĘs first transgression?
17. Into what estate did the fall bring mankind?
18. Wherein consists the sinfulness of that estate whereinto man fell?
19. What is the misery of that estate whereinto man fell?
20. Did God leave all mankind to perish in the estate of sin and misery?
21. Who is the Redeemer of GodĘs elect?
22. How did Christ, being the Son of God, become man?
23. What offices doth Christ execute as our Redeemer?
24. How doth Christ execute the office of a prophet?
25. How doth Christ execute the office of a priest?
26. How doth Christ execute the office of a king?
27. Wherein did ChristĘs humiliation consist?
28. Wherein consisteth ChristĘs exaltation?
29. How are we made partakers of the redemption purchased by Christ?
30. How doth the Spirit apply to us the redemption purchased by Christ?
31. What is effectual calling?
32. What benefits do they that are effectually called partake of in this life?
33. What is justification?
34. What is adoption?
35. What is sanctification?
36. What are the benefits which in this life do accompany or flow from justification, adoption, and sanctification?
37. What benefits do believers receive from Christ at death?
38. What benefits do believers receive from Christ at the resurrection?
39. What is the duty which God requireth of man?
40. What did God at first reveal to man for the rule of his obedience?
41. Wherein is the moral law summarily comprehended?
42. What is the sum of the ten commandments?
43. What is the preface to the ten commandments?
44. What doth the preface to the ten commandments teach us?
45. Which is the first commandment?
46. What is required in the first commandment?
47. What is forbidden in the first commandment?
48. What are we specially taught by these words before me in the first commandment?
49. Which is the second commandment?
50. What is required in the second commandment?
51. What is forbidden in the second commandment?
52. What are the reasons annexed to the second commandment?
53. Which is the third commandment?
54. What is required in the third commandment?
55. What is forbidden in the third commandment?
56. What is the reason annexed to the third commandment?
57. Which is the fourth commandment?
58. What is required in the fourth commandment?
59. Which day of the seven hath God appointed to be the weekly sabbath?
60. How is the sabbath to be sanctified?
61. What is forbidden in the fourth commandment?
62. What are the reasons annexed to the fourth commandment?
63. Which is the fifth commandment?
64. What is required in the fifth commandment?
65. What is forbidden in the fifth commandment?
66. What is the reason annexed to the fifth commandment?
67. Which is the sixth commandment?
68. What is required in the sixth commandment?
69. What is forbidden in the sixth commandment?
70. Which is the seventh commandment?
71. What is required in the seventh commandment?
72. What is forbidden in the seventh commandment?
73. Which is the eighth commandment?
74. What is required in the eighth commandment?
75. What is forbidden in the eighth commandment?
76. Which is the ninth commandment?
77. What is required in the ninth commandment?
78. What is forbidden in the ninth commandment?
79. Which is the tenth commandment?
80. What is required in the tenth commandment?
81. What is forbidden in the tenth commandment?
82. Is any man able perfectly to keep the commandments of God?
83. Are all transgressions of the law equally heinous?
84. What doth every sin deserve?
85. What doth God require of us, that we may escape his wrath and curse, due to us for sin?
86. What is faith in Jesus Christ?
87. What is repentance unto life?
88. What are the outward and ordinary means whereby Christ communicateth to us the benefits of redemption?
89. How is the Word made effectual to salvation?
90. How is the Word to be read and heard, that it may become effectual to salvation?
91. How do the sacraments become effectual means of salvation?
92. What is a sacrament?
93. Which are the sacraments of the New Testament?
94. What is baptism?
95. To whom is Baptism to be administered?
96. What is the LordĘs Supper?
97. What is required for the worthy receiving of the LordĘs Supper?
98. What is prayer?
99. What rule hath God given for our direction in prayer?
100. What doth the preface of the LordĘs Prayer teach us?
101. What do we pray for in the first petition?
102. What do we pray for in the second petition?
103. What do we pray for in the third petition?
104. What do we pray for in the fourth petition?
105. What do we pray for in the fifth petition?
106. What do we pray for in the sixth petition?
107. What doth the conclusion of the LordĘs Prayer teach us?
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
HAVE A QUESTION? CHAT LIVE!
Friendly curriculum advisor 8-5 PST Mon-Fri
Shipping & Deliveries
Returns & Exhanges
Timberdoodle Co. All Rights Reserved.