CALL US TODAY:
Welcome to Timberdoodle Co
Redeem Doodle Dollars
View My Cart
TeachTown 6-Week Trial
List Price: $9.95
You save $4.95!
Sold out and no longer available from Timberdoodle Co.
Teach Town is like have an autism professional work with you child
Teaching your autistic child is an exhausting, unending task. Professional, one-on-one therapists, readily-available and willing to make house calls, are a luxury few families can afford. That is why TeachTown can be such a blessing.
Researchers are scrambling to devise programs to address the special needs of the autistic child. TeachTown is one of the few programs which has actually succeeded. This self-adjusting program introduces foundational skills using errorless teaching. Mastered skills are then interspersed with new skills to keep success rates high. One of the many unique features of TeachTown is that the child is allowed to choose his favorite visual and auditory rewards. However, parents have the ability to remove reinforcers that are inappropriate or too stressful for their child.
Grounded in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), TeachTown is based on Discrete Trial Training (DTT) and Pivotal Response Training (PRT). It targets receptive language by introducing vocabulary, complex language skills, questions, and verbal directions. It teaches early academics including basic reading and math skills. It also trains a child to identify emotions by paying attention to important social features such as looking at the eyes and mouth.
TeachTown's program includes an initial skill assessment (completed by you) to place the child at an appropriate ability level. Don't worry if you are a bit uncertain about a particular skill level, as the program will automatically move your child forward or back depending on your child's actual performance. In TeachTown, your child's performance is tracked automatically and data is displayed in multiple ways for you to follow his progress over time. If you are working with a therapist, she also will benefit from TeachTown's tracking and history of your child's progress.
TeachTown also includes activities that can be printed out to work on critical skills that cannot be targeted through the use of a computer. Each task includes a list of the materials needed and simple directions for the activity. What a wonderful way to include siblings or grandparents in your child's therapy!
TeachTown grows with your child; new content is added gradually as the child is ready. This is a comprehensive curriculum for autistic children who are functioning in the two-to eight-year-old age range for language, cognitive, and social skills.
Unlike traditional software, TeachTown: Basics is a subscription service and requires the use of the Internet for every session. Committed to growing with your child, TeachTown will provide you with continual updates to your program, as well as technology enhancements like new lessons; interactive, animated rewards; and even off-computer learning exercises. With a cost that is lower than an hour of traditional ABA therapy, your child will have a month of unlimited access to a program with a documented success rate. And let's face it, when you home school an autistic child, you long for a moment to collect your thoughts without jeopardizing the progress your child can and should be making. Using TeachTown will now allow you some downtime while your child improves in so many areas. Try TeachTown for six weeks for only $5.00 and see if you agree. If it isn't the best in-home program you've tried, you owe nothing else. But if you, like us, find it invaluable in developing skills in your child, the cost is a nominal $39.95 per month.
A comprehensive computerized autism treatment program that connects everyone on your team; designed for children developmentally ages 2 to 7.
TeachTown: Basics features a comprehensive, scientifically backed curriculum that teaches the child using on-computer lessons and off-computer, naturalistic activities. Progress is graphed automatically and your entire team can share data and session notes over the TeachTown secure server.
Motivating Software Program
The TeachTown program maximizes the child's motivation using:
* Self-Adjusting Program: Introduces skills using errorless teaching and gradually adds distracters or fades distracters as the child progresses. In addition to this prompting, previously mastered skills are interspersed with new skills to keep success rates high.
* Stimulating Reinforcers: Reinforcers provide a variety of visual and auditory stimulation and can be removed by adults for children with sensory sensitivities or other issues. Reinforcers are offered on a variable schedule to keep child engaged.
* Child Choice: Child is allowed to choose types of activities by clicking on buildings and can also choose their favorite reinforcers.
* Grounded in Science of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), Education, Speech Pathology, and Clinical and Developmental Psychology
* Program based on Discrete Trial Training (DTT) and Pivotal Response Training (PRT)
* Comprehensive Curriculum for Developmental-Language Ages 2-8 years (Appropriate for any age that functions within this age range for language and/or cognitive skills)
* Receptive Language: Introduces hundreds of language concepts including basic vocabulary, prepositions, adjectives, and more complex language skills..
* Cognitive: Develops cognitive skills such as attention, memory, and categorization and teaches early academics including early reading and math.
* Social-Emotional: Teaches the child to attend to relevant social features such as paying attention to eyes, emotion identification, face processing, and being a good friend.
* Independence: Increases awareness of self and community by teaching the child more about their bodies, how to care for themselves, and about other people and things in the community.
* Off-Computer Generalization Activities: Enhances skills taught on the computer and provides ideas for generalizing skills to the child's natural environment. Activities do not require an expert to implement and are fun for the adult and child.
Connecting Your Team
* Data Collection and Tracking: Child's performance is tracked automatically and data is displayed in multiple ways for adults to follow the child's progress over time.
* Communication System: Professionals and families can keep in touch and stay up to date on the child's progress using the TeachTown communication and session note system over our secured internet connection.
Unlike traditional education software programs, TeachTown: Basics is a subscription service committed to growing with your children. In addition to on going program and technology enhancements you will receive consistence updates that include new curriculum, lessons, reinforcers and naturalistic exercises for off computer learning.
Free walkthrough of TeachTown here
Format: CD with internet subsription Copyright: 2001, with frequent updates since then Publisher: TeachTown, Inc. Contributors: Thomas Roxstrom, Brad McGuire, Kevin MacDonald, Eric Dashen, Sven LidTn, Scott Kennedy, Lara Schneider, Sally Vilardi, Dr. Lars LidTn, Dr. Chris Whalen, Eric Dallaire Minimum System Regurements: PC with 600MHz clock speed, 256MB RAM (512 Recommended), Windows XP, 1GB available disk space, Internet connection. Older operating systems or slower systems may work, but are not officially supported. Macintosh is not supported.
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
HAVE A QUESTION? CHAT LIVE!
Friendly curriculum advisor 8-5 PST Mon-Fri
Shipping & Deliveries
Returns & Exhanges
Timberdoodle Co. All Rights Reserved.
Ecommerce Software by Volusion